Exterior Wall Insulation
For New and Existing Concrete Block
One of the major sources of air and heating loss occurs through the walls. By reducing your air infiltration with our foam process, you can keep the cool air inside and that hot and humid Central Florida air outside! This will also help to greatly reduce your energy consumption, utility bills, and your footprint on the environment!
Insulated concrete block is a process that can be done on a new construction project or added to the walls of an existing structure. We use a two-part system that combines a spray-dried polymeric resin with a foaming catalyst to create a “dry” foam that is unlike anything else in the spray foam industry.
Our non-expanding, injectable foam is green, non-toxic and odorless so it is safe for your home or business.
Exterior Wall Insulation Benefits:
- Increases R-value of an uninsulated wall.
- Decreases energy consumption and increases home energy efficiency.
- Lowers heating and cooling bills
- Seals against air infiltration and leakage which also helps to improve the indoor air quality.
- Acts as sound barrier by absorbing sound vibrations and decreasing noise transference through the walls.
- Keeps insects and pests out since it seals around any gaps or small holes where insects would normally be able to get inside.
- Protects against mold, mildew and bacteria by sealing out the moisture, pollutants and allergens that are common in our hot and humid Florida environment. This will also avoid any potential structure damage that is typically caused by these issues.
- Installs without delaying or interfering with other projects during your construction.
- Costs less than Rigid Foam Insulation Board.
- Carries a Class A (Class 1) fire rating
- Meets or exceeds most building code requirements.
- Tested and certified by independent labs.
- Your investment will pay for itself quickly by saving money on your utilities every month!
Masonry Foam Insulation can be injected into:
- New construction homes or commercial properties
- Under construction concrete block walls
- Stucco walls
- Basement walls
- Existing or older homes and structures that have very little insulation. This can be done without having to remove the drywall.
With this highly efficient and low cost process, you will get a return on your investment in no time! In fact, not insulating your walls is costing you money!
How Does Exterior Wall Insulation Work?
The video below shows how spray foam insulation is installed into a concrete block wall.
Our Easy 6 Step Concrete Block Insulation Process
1. Preparation and Planning Phase
Before the project begins, we will examine your structure carefully and create the most efficient pattern and plan for your block wall insulation project.
2. Drilling Phase
After a pattern has been determined, we will carefully and strategically drill holes into the appropriate seams. This will allow the foam to flow properly in the hollow cores of the concrete block structure. If it is determined that your project can be filled from the top of the wall, no drilling is necessary and we will move on to the next phase.
3. On-Site Quality Control
Before and at various times during the process, one of our experienced technicians will check the foam to make sure that its texture, weight, and density are performing correctly. Our foam has the consistency of shaving cream and is fully expanded before it is injected into the cinder block.
4. Insulating Your Structure
As shown in this picture, a certified insulation installer will then pump foam into the walls until it begins to emerge from the drilled holes. The pressurized foam spray ensures that the foam will completely fill in all of the gaps and crevices that may be inside the cement walls. Block foam does not interfere with the utilities that are already in the structure like plumbing, electrical or masonry.
The small amount of foam that is left coming out of the drilled holes after installation will then be cleaned up to leave a smooth wall surface.
6. Patching Walls
Once the foam dries and cures, the holes will then be patched over completely and matched to the adjacent wall, so you would never even know the work was done.
Our masonry foam process is the best wall insulation for new construction for pre-existing homes or businesses. Add this service to your exterior walls in addition to our spray foam or attic insulation and you will be ready to beat the Central Florida heat!
IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO INSULATE
If you wait, there’s nothing to lose except your hard-earned money $$$